Monday, August 6, 2007

Dog sitting

Oh the joys of being on your own and your family decides to go out of town. I get the joy of watching Angel, my parents dog, she is a very good dog. My family is in New York City for the week. Yesterday they attend the Yankees game against the Royals. They called me during it and said it was very hot! It is in the middle of the afternoon I wouldn't think it would be cool. today they are going to a lobster fest. That will be fun. Tomorrow off to the Statue of Liberty. I am not sure what the rest of the week comes for them except I know they will be home soon and I will be done dog sitting.

This weekend was a very long one. Friday I took a half day and spent the day with Bill. We actually went to York, Nebraska where he raced that evening. It turned out to be a night from hell. He blew up his motor but we didn't realize it until Saturday when it he pulled out to run it Saturday. I came home Friday night because I had to get the dog. So I spent the day cleaning, went to my aunts, and talked on the phone quite a bit to him. Saturday when he pulled out for hot laps with his back up car a piston shot through the side of the oil pan. Needless to say we have two motors headed to the shop as I type. Good thing he has three weeks off with the open car. He just has weekly racing with his son on Saturdays. I'm extremely tired and I have month end to get done at work. Tonight is going to be a relaxing evening if I have anything to do about it.

2 comments:

LaDawn said...

Why didn't you go to NYC? Have you ever been?

Brooke said...

I didn't go because I don't have the vacation time at work or the money. Which I really didn't need much but my bills come first. No I have not been to NYC. I would love to go around X-mas time. Some friends and I have that as one of our trips to go on.