Thursday, September 13, 2007

Maggie

There is this little girl that comes into the restaurant on Sundays her name is Maggie. She is a very sweet little girl. On Sunday she says Brooke do you know what I want to be when I grew up? I said no what would you like to be when you grow up? I want to cut hair or be a doctor. I told her go for being a doctor. The conversation proceeds to what do you do? I told her I do accounting. She got the strangest look on her face. I go I work with numbers. She goes oh i don't like numbers you should do something fun. I just had to laugh. I still laugh about because it was so cute.

2 comments:

Janell said...

Speaking of numbers: I considered myself "mathematically challenged" until I got to college and landed in a class with a REALLY GOOD teacher. When previously incomprehensible equations and mathematial processes started to make sense to me - and I could actually work them and get them right - it seemed like I was dabbling in magic! I hope that little girls\ gets a chance to realize that numbers aren't necessarily "unfun."

LaDawn said...

Janell's story is very similar to mine. In high school I didn't think I could do numbers. But in unit I became a math whiz. All down to the teachers. And some of the math boys were pretty cute too so that extra tutoring paid off!