Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Family Reunion

This weekend is our annual family reunion. I haven't been to the actually picnic in 9 years. I have made appearance at the end of it and all the food would be gone. I have been working Sunday's for 9 years and just haven't ever got the weekend off. Well this year that has changed. I have the whole weekend off and I am taking off Friday to have a day to myself. In years past we have had family members out to the cabin usually our Missouri and Colorado relatives for a grill out. Just so I would be able to see some of my family. We are going to Janell's house to enjoy a hot dog cook out this year. It sounds like great fun and finally get to taste some of Janell's good cooking. She blogs about all this good stuff. Plus I get to met some of her family that I read so much about. I am very excited to see everyone. Then Sunday its off to the picnic in Oakland which usually its very hot! According to the weather forecast there is a chance of rain so I am sure it will be humid.

Its been a long week because my parents and baby sister are in Canada this week so I haven't been able to talk to them. Its almost driving me nuts. I love my parents and sisters very much! They land Friday afternoon, Mary and I plan to have everything ready for them for the weekend. Well hopefully see everyone this weekend. Val you are on my list for not coming!!!!

1 comment:

Janell said...

Well, arent's we glad this "carson reunion weekend" didn't involve any burning boats?! Sue and Shirley and I are so GLAD you made it out to my place on Saturday. Save a Saturday in June 09 - Myrna will be here from California then.