Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Holiday Irritations

Holidays are suppose to be happy times. November is a terrible depressing month for me. Both of my grandmothers (Grandma Thomas and step grandma Darlene, my grandpa quick's wife) passed away on November 15 same hospital and same floor. A little freaky if you ask me. Then on top of it there thanksgiving and you are suppose to be thankful doesn't usually work to well these past years for me. Well lets just add to it its my birthday right around thanksgiving. However these aren't my irritations there are things you have to deal with in life. The thing that irritates me is stores having holiday decorations out before Halloween, or people having lights up and on before thanksgiving. The bell ringers are already ringing and its just annoying to go to every store and there is a ringer. Yes I put in my fair share but come on starting at the beginning of November for this. I might just be grouchy since its the day before my grandma died but I figured it was something to blog about and get off my chest.

What holiday things irritate you?

2 comments:

Janell said...

Every time the ACLU supports one person who feels offended by the presence of a Nativity Scene in public. And yet, we are contantly subjected to vulgar language pouring out of TV and radio. I am deeply offended by the phrase "Oh my God," when it is uttered as a curse. But if I were to utter it in a public prayer with the wrong person in the crowd, I would probably be subjected to a lawsuit.

LaDawn said...

Sorry....not there with you.

Thanksgiving is fab and I miss being in the USA on that dday and 4 July more than any other day of the year. Thanksgiving is just the coolest holiday.

Christmas with children is a blast. Hard to get irritated with them around....

hmmmm, irritating about the holidays? Not having more time off to bake and decorate!