Thursday, December 6, 2007

I must have

an angel up above looking down on me. Yesterday I was going about my normal business and I was talking to a few ladies in the office about our holiday party this weekend. I told them I was going to go out during lunch to go shopping. Tiffany, my co-worker told me I should go to Von Maur because they have some really cute stuff at a good price. I was like well I am going to go to Maurices first and if not I will go this evening to Von Maur. Well I headed to Maurices found something wasn't to thrilled with it so I had headed out to Westroads but realized the time and decide to stop and get something to eat instead. I walked back into the office sat down and right then it came over the radio that there was a shooting at the Westroads mall. My heart stopped my co worker Tiffany came running over to my desk to make sure I was here.

We sat at our desks with the internet pulled up watching everything unfold. That could have been me in there. What do you do but believe that I must have a guardian angel. This kid needed help and needed loved which he obviously didn't get. Now he has "went out in style and famous" (this was stated in one of his suicide notes) Not in any way that someone should want to be.

Please pray for all the people that this has impacted there life. I live 2 miles away from this mall and the whole area is just in mourning.

3 comments:

Janell said...

we are SO GLAD you got hungry at the right time! What a close call!

LaDawn said...

a sad day for Omaha.....

Mary said...

i am really glad u were not there brookie