Monday, October 1, 2007

First Job

My first job besides babysitting which I did for many years was a waitress. I worked for a small local cafe called Billy's Blair Maple Cafe. I got that job in Oct 99. I only worked weekends so it didn't interfere with school that much. I didn't like it at all when I was in high school and lived at home. I just looked at it as a job. When I graduated from high school the owner asked if I would rotate to the Omaha locations also. So I did and then stopped for a few months. However at the present time I am still working there. I never thought my first job I would still have I figured I would have been fired a long time ago because i had my days with some customers. 8 years later I enjoy the job because its a different environment to be in then my weekly job. The boss is a pretty decent person also. Well that was my first job and probably have it till the day I die or if the place is ever sold.

1 comment:

LaDawn said...

Waitressing is a tough gig and a young person's job. Hard on the feet and hard on the back! Tip well!