Friday, October 19, 2007

Hardest questions asked every year!

The hardest questions that are asked every year:

What do you want for your birthday?
What do you want for Christmas?

I don't have answers for those. The birthday is coming up next month and I have no ideas on what I want. Then I have to turn around the next month and give more ideas. I like gift certificates but then I end up using them for silly things that I really didn't need. Money is always good but same thing you use it on stuff you shouldn't like bills or on things you don't need. I have just about every appliance for the kitchen, living room, bedroom. I have a want list but its way to big of stuff for birthdays or holidays. I do need new clothes but I am just picky and don't like the style. Need to shed those pounds also. I am not spoiled but what I have I have worked my butt off for. I am not trying to sound like I don't like the gifts I get because I do and I know that they give me gifts because they love me. How do you answer something when its the small things that would make you happy like spending the day with them or watching a movie. The past three years on my birthday Bill and I stayed home ordered pizza and watched movies. I used to get crap from people because I didn't go out somewhere fancy or go out to do something. Maybe I am not normal but I would rather spend time with people that I love then spend a lot of money for just one day.

What is questions you have a tough time answering?

3 comments:

LaDawn said...

I love birthdays & Christmas. Brithdays are like your own private holiday. I try to make a big deal out of others birthdays and try to do a celebration for my own. Although that has dropped off since I had children! Can't quite jjet off to NYC or Paris for the BD party anymore!

As far as gifts no one has to buy me anything. Having them think about me is enough. I don't find it difficult to build a list though!

I can never have enough books. So you can always check out my Amazon or iRead wish list. You could pick out some perfumes you like and let people know. Then they can buy the lotion and shower gel that goes with it which tend to be less expensive than the perfume. Cookbooks are another on of my favourite gift to recieve. I'm also a big fan of jewellery especially since wearing it always reminds me of the person who gave it to me. Magazine subscriptions are a cool gift. What magazines do you buy? Could you use a subscription? For clothes, I go through my favourite catalogs and circle the things I want and give it to my husband. I also like getting homemade things especially from my children!

No shortage of ideas here!

Hard questions? Hmmmmm, that's a hard question.

Janell said...

I've been thinking about this one for a long time. The question I have a hard time answering is "How are you?" I always answer "Fine," even if I'm lying through my teeth. Why is it so difficult to give an honest answer to that one?

LaDawn said...

Hard question is "What are you thinking?" because the instant it gets asked I forget what I was thinking!