Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Explain

I guess I need to explain something. I can sit here and tell you the whole thing of my relationship with my boyfriend but that would take way to long. My boyfriend is 11 years older then me. We have the best relationship ever. He has been married and he doesn't want to rush into things. We are both madly in love with each other. There has been a time when we had decided we didn't want to rush into things and make any mistakes. I get frustrated because I feel like we are ready to go to the next step but I sit back and glad we didn't. There is quite a few of my friends that have ran out got married and pregnant may not have been in that order but now they are getting divorced. I don't want to be one of those statistics the only statistic I want to be is the one where the couple grows old together because they are happily married and know who the person is. We are best friends and now the best couple because we have taken the time to know each other. I hope I didn't make you guys think he is a terrible person for what he said. It is his way to get me back into realization when I get emotional. I hope one day you all will met him, he is a great guy and you guys will love him just like my immediate family has.

3 comments:

Janell said...

I apologize if I stuck my nose in where it doesn’t belong. I can understand why you are being patient, but I guess I’m from the generation that still believes “madly in love with each other” can be loosely translated as “choosing to be mutually committed for a lifetime” for better or worse and so on. And sometimes that requires courage, especially if someone’s been ‘burned’ before. It was the phrase, “What’s your hurry” that sounds so flippant and disrespectful toward you that got me going. If I ever heard my son say that to a young woman, he would be losing conciousness in a hurry!

Brooke said...

You don't need to apologize. I should have explained why he says that. He respects me a ton. I am glad that your son would be losin conciousness if he said that. I think guys my age are so disrespectful to women. Bill treats me great and I am totally happy.

LaDawn said...

I agree with Janell here...waiting a while won't guarantee happily ever after. Getting married is easy. Staying married involves a lifetime of work, compromise, and patience. Sometimes I think love has little to do with it. You could wait a lifetime and still end up getting divorced. Know yourself and ask will I change his diapers? Will he change mine? Nothing stays the same and if we ain't growing, we dying.