Thursday, June 14, 2007

Val

Valerie is my cousin on my dad's side, Ed (her dad) and my dad our first cousins so that would make us second cousins. I have an absolute blast with her. I don't see her that much. The last time her and I were together was when my great aunt Joyce (her grandma) passed away. I had just turned 21 back in November so her and I went out one evening. Val takes me downtown and here I am in a bigger city that has more of a night life then what I have ever been in. The Omaha night life is very dull compared to Denvers. We go to this martini bar, I don't remember the name of it, I had never had a martini so I was just like ok something different I'll try it. We get this martinis called a flirtini (they were good), these two guys walk up to and start talking to us. Here I am hundreds of miles away and these guys are from LeMars, Iowa. Out of any guys in the bar comes up to us have to be within two hours of the town I live at. So Val decides to tell these guys that my dad is part of the mob and scared them off the rest of the night thankfully. My dad isn't part of the mob or anything like that. Then we went to another bar and there is this huge line outside, Val walks up to the bouncer and we get in right away I was think damn who am I with that we don't have to stand in this line. Val you still haven't told me how you got in there so easily. Walking to the car that night I realized I had a little to much to drink and I had to go back to a hotel room that my parents and I were sharing. Not a good thing but dealt with it.

The one thing I remember and learned on my trips out to Denver (my most recent last November) since I turned 21, you are in higher elevation so don't drink as much as you do in Omaha! Val thank you for taking me out that night and showing me around downtown Denver it was a blast. Next time you come to Omaha (which better be soon) I will take you to our boring bar scene around here.

1 comment:

LaDawn said...

We all love City Girl. And I remember back when she turned 21 (or so) and we took her out drinking. Ask her how she got the nickname city Girl. Don't think she was 21 yet.....but she thought she could drink some honest to goodness cowboys under the table. Boy was she wrong! Instead we had to pick her up off the floor. And that was after I had barfed in the bin! Ah, the foolishness of youth.