Friday, March 23, 2007

Responsibility

I know growing up mom and dad made sure each of us kids had responsibilities to do. If we didn't there was consequences. We never got allowance because we got to go out to dinner or shopping with mom during the week. I remember when I wanted to get a job dad made it clear that I had to go every day no matter what. What happened to parents teaching there kids this responsibility?

With owning your own business I see it on a weekly basis of people not being responsible and leaving the owner high and dry. Do people think of how much of a bind they put someone in? I understand this is part of owning a business but come on people. The thing that drives me nuts on top of this is these people have kids, what are you teaching your kids? This is going to impact there lives. They are going to think well my mom or dad did it so its okay.

I've been told that the way I think about stuff like this that the day I have kids they are going to be the most respectful kids around. I hope that my friends are right because I can't stand when a child is disrespectful to adults or other kids. Now that I have vented about this situation on to the weekend plans.

My weekend plans have been changed slightly. I will be working all weekend and babysitting Bailey on saturday night, Mom and dad are going out to dinner with some friends. Mary is going to be working. Bill is going to work on the race cars and his friends are coming over so they can split up all the deer meat. Which is a good thing because we can have jerky and all that other good stuff. Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!

No comments: