Friday, April 6, 2007

Happy Easter

I remember when I was little Easter was so much fun. I always got a big stuffed rabbit, a chocolate bunny and peeps. There was many times we weren't home in Nebraska for Easter. I remember being in Colorado with all my family out there. That was a lot of fun. The easter egg hunt in the backyard of Aunt Joyce's house. It didn't matter how small Aunt Joyce's house was we all fit in there for the holiday. If you know our family you know how many of us there was. It didn't ever seen tight until it was food time. Then one year I was in Arkansas with my mom's side wow that was 19 years ago when we went down there. My mom always made sure I had the cutest dress for Easter with a bonnet. My favorite one was this yellow one I had that had this cute yellow hat with it. I was so mad when I grew out of it. I believe it is still in the closet at my parents.

Remembering all these memories makes me happy and sad. I miss all the love ones that have been taken away from me in these. Mainly my grandma Thomas and aunt Joyce. I try to fight back tears but sometimes you just can't. I know they are all in a better place but I guess I am just selfish because I want them back here alive and well. I can sit here wishing there was something different that could have been done but its a part of life. I love you both very much and miss you very much.

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter. I doubt I will be able to post anything this weekend with my grandpa's 80Th birthday party and my dad's 50Th birthday party tomorrow. Till Monday have a good one!

4 comments:

LaDawn said...

Thank you for this post. Reading your memories of the Easter egg hunts in my grandmother's back yard brought so many memories rushing back. I swear one of my uncles was racing around taking eggs out of the baskets and re-hiding them. It seemed like we had an edless supply of eggs.

And, boy, could she make deviled eggs or what? I still can never get mine as creamy as hers were.

Birthday wishes to your grandpa and dad.

Janell said...

Very nice memories. If I get another edition of the cookbook together this year, may I include this essay?

Brooke said...

I have never got a cookbook. How do i get any if there is?

Janell said...

I'm working on a way to get another edition out. I think I will make a postcard to send out requesting people to bring recipes and stories to the picnic in July and then I'll make as many as we want and mail them out in August.