Tuesday, April 17, 2007

What makes someone do such a terrible thing?

Last night at dinner Bill and I was listening to the press hound the police chief for answers about the shooting at VA Tech. It was terrible how the press would try and twist the words. I was sitting there in shock one because of the whole thing and two how the press was. I understand this is a terrible thing but step back take a second they may not have answers right away quit trying to get him to say something. I would rather have all the information at once that is accurate then someone reading more into what the chief of police said.

My other thing about this is what makes someone do such a terrible thing? How do you not know that someone is this messed up? Was there signs or warnings that were disregarded? Is it peer pressure that made this person snap and if so get some help don't kill someone. If this was my child that did something like this I would disown them so fast. You don't kill another human being I don't care how mad you are at someone and to take other peoples lives that had nothing to do with it.

It is such a tragedy, I remember back to Columbine if I am not mistaken it was in April also. My cousin Ed's ex girlfriend Georgeanne took me to the high school in June when I was out there. You could just feel the pain and sorrow that those people went through. The Columbine devastated people and brought on tons of security to schools. What's next for college's security? Will you not be able to have certain things in your dorm rooms now?

No comments: