Friday, April 20, 2007

Meals

My cousin La Dawn posted about her nanny's canned meat and how good it was. I have been sitting here thinking about meals that my families makes for get together or when you are there visiting. Nanny was known for her canned meat and just about anything else she made was awesome. My grandma was known for her fried chicken oh it was so good. I miss these meals and how good they were. When you try and make it its just not the same. Not only are the meals good but so our remembering the times that went with it. I can remember when grandma made fried chicken she had a stool she sat on in the kitchen and I would sit right next to her and watch. You would think I could make it but I can't.

What memories do you have of meals with loved ones that have passed on?

2 comments:

LaDawn said...

My mom used to make the chicken caccitore thing in the crock pot. It was messy finger food. She used to give us wet wash clothes to clean our hands as we went. This was the best!

Janell said...

My mom's chicken and homemade noodles was the BEST on the planet! I've been trying to replicate it for years - I finally got the noodles right, but am still perfecting my version of the chicken & sauce. My mother-in-law (Doris Carson) made the best sweet pickles and dill pickles I've ever tasted. The dills are easy (and in the cookbook) but the sweets are a little more tricky. I finally made a good batch of them a couple years ago.